Monday, September 10, 2012

Ah, The Joys of Growing Older

I turned 59 today. . .yikes, how can that be???  It seems like it was only yesterday I was sitting in Mr. Dimaro's high school humanities class figuring out how old I'd be in the year 2000.  Back when there were no prescription bottles in the cupboard with my name one them.

Growing older is not fun sometimes.  But I guess its better than the alternative.  I can wait a while longer to meet Jesus face to face.

Too much weight, bad eating habits, did smoke until about 22 years ago when a certain 5 year old, Dan my nephew, asked me how he could grow up if I wasn't around?  Stopped cold turkey, never had another cigarette.

Now I take blood pressure medicine and Acid Reflux medicine.  Tomorrow I get to experience a stress test.  Oh joy.  Been a little short of breath and the doctor wants to make sure all that is needed is an adjustment on my meds. 


This is a wake up call for me.  Get the test out of the way and this old girl is going to get healthy.  I have two very good reasons.  My great niece Riley and my great nephew Oliver, the two loves of my life.  I want them to have to put up with me as an old woman.  :)

1 comment:

  1. And we need to be crazy ol' ladies together. Sometime in the distant future! Way distant. Way, way distant. :)

    ReplyDelete